6. Reopening a Quiz
It is possible to reopen a quiz through Moodle. This would be helpful under certain circumstances. Some examples of situations where you would need to reopen a quiz are:
- Moodle crashes in the middle of a quiz.
- The majority of students have difficulty completing a quiz.
NOTE: Reopening a quiz following these instructions will open the quiz to the entire class. One of the ways to work around this is to place a password on the quiz. The other way is to provide different quiz parameters to individual students, please follow the instructions for setting a User Override in a Moodle Quiz.
Follow the instructions below to reopen a quiz after attempts have already been made.
- Log in to your course.
- Find the Quiz you would like to reopen.
- Click the Quiz title.
- Click on Gear Menu on the top right of your course.
- Click Edit settings, located in the dropdown menu.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click Expand all.
- Find the Section titled Grade.
- Find Attempts allowed.
- Select 2 from the drop-down box.
NOTE: If you set times and dates to open and close the quiz, or if you set restrictions on quiz availability, make sure they are changed to allow for the attempts after the reopening of the quiz.
- Click Save and return to course at the bottom of the screen.