1. Creating an Assignment
The assignment module allows faculty to collect work from students, review it and provide feedback including grades. The work a student submits is visible only to the teacher and not to other students.
A new feature for assignments is the ability to share additional files with the student from the assignment page. This feature can be used to provide important instructions or examples to students regarding the assignment.
An assignment can require a student to:
- Upload a file submission.
- Type into an online textbox.
- Neither– this assignment will serve as a reminder, and will be placed in the Calendar and Gradebook.
Follow the instructions below to create an assignment:
- Log in to your Moodle course.
- Find the Gear Menuon the top right of your course.
- Click Turn editing on.
- Click Add an activity or resourcein the section of your choice.
- In the pop-up window, click the radio button next to Assignment.
- Click Addat the bottom of the window.
- Provide a Name and Description.
- Configure the parameters for the assignment.
- Click Save and return to coursewhen you are finished.