Importing Course Content Overview
One of the best things about using Moodle is that previous courses can be reused. This will save you time and energy. Setting up your future course has never been this easy.
This section will provide instructions on how to copy content between Moodle courses.
1. Importing a Course
In Moodle, faculty are able to Import content between courses within the current version of Moodle (Moodle 3.2). To transfer content from a course that was set up in a previous version of Moodle, use the Simple Restore process.
Follow the instructions below to Import content from a past course:
- Enter the course where you would like to deposit the content.
- Click on the Gear menu on the top right of your course.
- Click Import, located in the dropdown menu.
- Select the course from which you would like to Import the information from the list of available courses.
- You may use the Search field beneath the course list to find your course.
- Click Continue.
- The checkboxes that are selected by default will import all the material in your previous course. If you want to only select part of the course click the check boxes to select or deselect the types of materials to import.
- Click Next.
- Note: If you are familiar with the import process click on the Jump to final step link to bypass the Settings and Review sections.
- Review your Import materials.
- Click Perform import.