The Gradebook function on Moodle allows professors to manage class course grades online. Here are a few benefits of using the Moodle Gradebook:
- Students can track their progress and have access to their grades over the course.
- Gradebook automatically creates grade items that correspond to assignments, quizzes, or other graded activities that you have created for your Moodle class.
- Gradebook allows you to hide grades if they are not ready to display.
- Gradebook allows you to give personalized feedback to your students.
In order to populate your Gradebook with assignments and activities you must first create them in your course. To do so follow these steps:
- Login to your Moodle course.
- Click Grades, located in the Navigation drawer.
- You will be taken to the Grader Report View.
Navigating the Gradebook
- View dropdown menu
- Turn editing on button
- Gradebook options tabs
- Gradebook navigation tabs
- Alphabetical sorting
- Course and Category listing of Grade Items
- Scroll left or right with scrollbar.